Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mississippi Belle - All You Can Eat Soul Food...is That Even Possible?

This restaurant find is compliments to my number one food partner in crime, Greg. He came to my house one day and said he had heard of a place that was a must write about establishment for us here at Mealightenment.  So instantly, my curious nature was slammed right next to the growling in my stomach. I asked what kind of place is this? He said, "All you can eat soul food that is fresh cooked and brought to your table!" After that sentence, I was sold, and we immediately headed to East 54th St. and Keystone to try out Mississippi Belle.




When we arrived, we were greeted with a warm hello and a friendly staff. We had a seat, ordered our drinks and then looked at the menu. How it works: Everyone at the table orders their choice of meat, then the table agrees on four home-cooked sides. At that point, the food keeps flowing as long as you want it too. You just let the waitress know that you want more, and they will bring it right out.  The choices of meat vary just a bit per day, but mostly stay the same. Some of the delicious choices are: rubbed ribs, meatloaf, beef Manhattan, baked chicken, pan-friend chicken, fried catfish, and roast beef.


Baked Chicken Dinner
On top of that fantastic tasting meat, comes your delicious soul food sides! You can find the likes of fried cabbage, greens, sweet potatoes, fried corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and fried potatoes.

We ordered the rubbed ribs, beef Manhattan (my personal least favorite of what we had), and the fried catfish, and our sides were macaroni and cheese, fried cabbage, greens, and corn. I had some trouble deciding between the sides, so our waitress brought out samples of a couple things to help me make my decision! After knocking out two tables worth of food, Greg had our waitress go back for two more plates full of meat.

 After we were finished eating, the waitress suggested we try her "chess pie". She served it warm drizzled with honey. I can't even describe how sweet this pie was!

We rolled out of this place completely stuffed for under 15 bucks!!! This is an original restaurant that gets two thumbs up from me, followed by a suggestion for all to make a trip.  This place was the good luck charm of ex-coach to the Indianapolis Colts. Every Sunday before or after the game, you would find Mr. Tony Dungy here.

Here is a link to their MENU.

The address is 2170 East 54th Street, Indianapolis, IN
(317) 466-0522

Eat On my fellow foodies!
~JT

No comments:

Post a Comment