Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Road Trip: Classic Cup Cafe in Ann Arbor, MI

Recently, I visited my brother and sister-in-law in Ann Arbor to welcome the new addition to our family. After a long weekend of chasing toddlers around and staring at my beautiful new niece, nobody was in the mood to cook breakfast on Sunday.1 We went to the Classic Cup Cafe, which was just a short jaunt away from my brother's place.
The atmosphere when we walked in was extremely pleasant. It had the feel of the old school diners my grandfather took me to in rural Indiana mixed with contemporary decor. It was kind of like the TARDIS, in that it felt new and familiar at the same time.2 Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to a big chain restaurant myself, but I really enjoy the vibe you get in a locally owned establishment.

One of these days I'll remember to snap a picture before I dig in.
I love hot sauce on anything breakfast.
The meat lover's skillet caught my eye immediately while perusing the menu. Sausage, bacon, AND ham?! Plus, it was smothered in cheese. And sausage gravy. And served over a heap of home fries. Uh, yes please! "Delicious," and "hearty," barely do justice to the breakfast I had. I got a little ambitious and split a side of the corned beef hash with my brother. It was almost a bad decision. Almost. 

If only my picture taking skills did this omelet justice.

Jennifer ordered a fantastic three egg omelet with green peppers and cheese that looked like it could have been a mock-up for an ad. The food was so good, it even kept the kids quiet while they made a mess chowed down.


If you're up in Ann Arbor, give them a visit. Your stomach and wallet will thank you.

As always, Keep Calm and Eat On!

~JR


1 It is ridiculous how much energy they have. It is making me tired even thinking about it.
2 I did warn you I was a nerd. 
Also, thanks to Lauren Wayne for posting the html code for the footnotes I am experimenting with.



No comments:

Post a Comment